CLOSED-CIRCUIT TELEPHONE. A telephone with a dedicated line such as a house phone, courtesy phone or phone that must be used to gain entrance to a facility.
MAILBOXES. Receptacles for the receipt of documents, packages or other deliverable matter. Mailboxes include, but are not limited to, post office boxes and receptacles provided by commercial mail-receiving agencies, apartment houses and schools.
TRANSIENT LODGING. A building, facility or portion thereof, excluding inpatient medical care facilities and long-term care facilities, that contains one or more dwelling units or sleeping units. Examples of transient lodging include, but are not limited to, resorts, group homes, hotels, motels, dormitories, homeless shelters, halfway houses and social service lodging.
Exception: This requirement shall not apply where a single clear floor space complying with Section 305 (Clear Floor Space) of ICC A117.1 positioned for parallel approach is provided between two beds.
TABLE E104.3.1 DWELLING OR SLEEPING UNITS WITH ACCESSIBLE COMMUNICATION FEATURES
|TOTAL NUMBER OF DWELLING OR SLEEPING UNITS PROVIDED||MINIMUM REQUIRED NUMBER OF DWELLING OR SLEEPING UNITS WITH ACCESSIBLE COMMUNICATION FEATURES|
|2 to 25||2|
|26 to 50||4|
|51 to 75||7|
|76 to 100||9|
|101 to 150||12|
|151 to 200||14|
|201 to 300||17|
|301 to 400||20|
|401 to 500||22|
|501 to 1,000||5% of total|
|1,001 and over||50 plus 3 for each 100 over 1,000|
Exception: Portable toilet units provided for use exclusively by construction personnel on a construction site.
Exception: Drive-up-only depositories are not required to comply with this section.
Exception: Drive-up-only public telephones are not required to be accessible.
TABLE E106.2 WHEELCHAIR-ACCESSIBLE TELEPHONES
| NUMBER OF TELEPHONES PROVIDED |
ON A FLOOR, LEVEL OR EXTERIOR SITE
| MINIMUM REQUIRED NUMBER OF |
|1 or more single unit||1 per floor, level and exterior site|
|1 bank||1 per floor, level and exterior site|
|2 or more banks||1 per bank|
Exception: TTYs are not required at banks of telephones located within 200 feet (60 960 mm) of, and on the same floor as, a bank containing a public TTY.
- In secured areas of detention and correctional facilities, if shelves and outlets are prohibited for purposes of security or safety shelves and outlets for TTYs are not required to be provided.
- The shelf and electrical outlet shall not be required at a bank of telephones with a TTY.
- Exterior signs that are not located at the door to the space they serve are not required to comply.
- Building directories, menus, seat and row designations in assembly areas, occupant names, building addresses and company names and logos are not required to comply.
- Signs in parking facilities are not required to comply.
- Temporary (seven days or less) signs are not required to comply.
- In detention and correctional facilities, signs not located in public areas are not required to comply.
Exception: Building directories, personnel names, company or occupant names and logos, menus and temporary (seven days or less) signs are not required to comply with ICC A117.1.
Exception: Where vehicles are boarded from sidewalks or street level, low-level platforms shall be permitted to be less than 8 inches (203 mm).