- Pressure vessels used for unheated water supply.
- Portable unfired pressure vessels and Interstate Commerce Commission containers.
- Containers for bulk oxygen and medical gas.
- Unfired pressure vessels having a volume of 5 cubic feet (0.14 m3) or less operating at pressures not exceeding 250 pounds per square inch (psi) (1724 kPa) and located within occupancies of Groups B, F, H, M, R, S and U.
- Pressure vessels used in refrigeration systems that are regulated by Chapter 11 of this code.
- Pressure tanks used in conjunction with coaxial cables, telephone cables, power cables and other similar humidity control systems.
|TYPE OF CONTROL||GROSS OUTPUT FIRING RATE OF THE BOILER OR
THE BURNER OIL DELIVERY RATE (gph), WHICHEVER IS GREATER
|Combustion Controls||#6 Oil||#4 Oil||#2 Oil|
|Low-High-Off with low fire start||20 to <30||10 to <30||10 to <30|
|Low-High-Low-Off with proven low fire star||30 to <50||30 to <50||30 to <50|
|Full Modulation with proven low fire start||50||50||50|
|Full Modulation with proven low fire start as well as cross-limited oxygen trim (dry cell electrochemical type)||350||350||350|
Vt = (0.000738T - 0.03348)Vs / (Pa/Pf) - (Pa/Po)
|Vt||=||Minimum volume of tanks (gallons) (L).|
|Vs||=||Volume of system, not including expansion tanks(gallons) (L).|
|T||=||Average operating temperature (°F) (°C).|
|Pa||=||Atmospheric pressure (psi) (kPa).|
|Pf||=||Fill pressure (psi) (kPa).|
|Po||=||Maximum operating pressure (psi) (kPa).|