Exception: At a fleet vehicle motor fuel dispensing facility inside a building, where only Class II and Class III liquids are dispensed, the number of vehicles serviced at any one time shall be permitted to be increased to 12. [30A:184.108.40.206]
- The system shall be interlocked with the dispensing system so that airflow is established before any dispensing device can operate. Failure of airflow shall automatically shut down the dispensing system.
- The exhaust system shall be designed to provide air movement across all portions of the floor of the fuel dispensing area and to prevent the flowing of ignitible vapors beyond the dispensing area.
- Exhaust inlet ducts shall not be less than 3 in. (76 mm) or more than 12 in. (305 mm) above the floor. Exhaust ducts shall not be located in floors or penetrate the floor of the dispensing area. Exhaust ducts shall discharge to a safe location outside the building.
- The exhaust system shall provide ventilation at a rate of not less than 1 ft3/min/ft2 (0.3 m3/min/m2) of floor area, based on the fuel dispensing area.
- The exhaust system shall meet all applicable requirements of NFPA 91.
- The building housing the major repair garage is two or more stories, including basements, and the aggregate area of the major repair garage exceeds 10,000 ft2 (930 m2).
- The major repair garage is one story and exceeds 12,000 ft2 (1115 m2).
- The major repair garage is servicing vehicles parked in the basement of the building.
- Initiation of distinct audible and visual alarm signals in the repair garage
- Deactivation of all heating systems located in the repair garage
- Activation of the mechanical ventilation system, when the system is interlocked with gas detection
Exception No. 1: Unit heaters, when installed in accordance with Chapter 7 of NFPA 30A, need not meet this requirement.
Exception No. 2: Heat-producing equipment for any lubrication room or service room where there is no dispensing or transferring of Class I or Class II liquids or LP-Gas, when installed in accordance with Chapter 7 of NFPA 30A, need not meet this requirement. [30A:7.6.2]