Exception: Buffing operations are not required to be separated where all of the following conditions are met:
1. Buffing operations are equipped with an approved continuous automatic water-spray system directed at the point of cutting action.
2. Buffing machines are connected to particle-collecting systems providing a minimum air movement of 1,500 cubic feet per minute (cfm) (0.71 m3/s) in volume and 4,500 feet per minute (fpm) (23 m/s) in-line velocity.
3. The collecting system shall discharge the rubber particles to an approved outdoor noncombustible or fire-resistant container that is emptied at frequent intervals to prevent overflow.
1. Individual storage piles shall comply with size and separation requirements in Sections 3405.1 through 3405.5.
2. Adjacent storage piles shall be considered a group, and the aggregate volume of storage piles in a group shall not exceed 150,000 cubic feet (4248 m3).
Separation between groups shall be not less than 75 feet (22 860 mm) wide.