CLOSED-CIRCUIT TELEPHONE. A telephone with a dedicated line such as a house phone, courtesy phone or phone that must be used to gain entrance to a facility.
MAILBOXES. Receptacles for the receipt of documents, packages or other deliverable matter. Mailboxes include, but are not limited to, post office boxes and receptacles provided by commercial mail-receiving agencies, apartment houses and schools.
TRANSIENT LODGING. A building, facility or portion thereof, excluding inpatient medical care facilities and longterm care facilities, that contains one or more dwelling units or sleeping units. Examples of transient lodging include, but are not limited to, resorts, group homes, hotels, motels, dormitories, homeless shelters, halfway houses and social service lodging.
TABLE E104.2.1 DWELLING OR SLEEPING UNITS WITH ACCESSIBLE COMMUNICATION FEATURES
|TOTAL NUMBER OF DWELLING OR SLEEPING UNITS PROVIDED|| MINIMUM REQUIRED NUMBER OF DWELLING OR SLEEPING |
UNITS WITH ACCESSIBLE COMMUNICATION FEATURES
|2 to 25||2|
|26 to 50||4|
|51 to 75||7|
|76 to 100||9|
|101 to 150||12|
|151 to 200||14|
|201 to 300||17|
|301 to 400||20|
|401 to 500||22|
|501 to 1,000||5% of total|
|1,001 and over||50 plus 3 for each 100 over 1,000|
Exception: Portable toilet units provided for use exclusively by construction personnel on a construction site.
Exception: Drive-up-only depositories are not required to comply with this section.
Exception: Drive-up-only public telephones are not required to be accessible.
TABLE E106.2 WHEELCHAIR-ACCESSIBLE TELEPHONES
| NUMBER OF TELEPHONES |
PROVIDED ON A FLOOR, LEVEL
OR EXTERIOR SITE
| MINIMUM REQUIRED NUMBER OF |
|1 or more single unit||1 per floor, level and exterior site|
|1 bank||1 per floor, level and exterior site|
|2 or more banks||1 per bank|
Exception: TTYs are not required at banks of telephones located within 200 feet (60 960 mm) of, and on the same floor as, a bank containing a public TTY.
1. In secured areas of detention and correctional facilities, if shelves and outlets are prohibited for purposes of security or safety shelves and outlets for TTYs are not required to be provided.
2. The shelf and electrical outlet shall not be required at a bank of telephones with a TTY.
1. Exterior signs that are not located at the door to the space they serve are not required to comply.
2. Building directories, menus, seat and row designations in assembly areas, occupant names, building addresses and company names and logos are not required to comply.
3. Signs in parking facilities are not required to comply.
4. Temporary (seven days or less) signs are not required to comply.
5. In detention and correctional facilities, signs not located in public areas are not required to comply.
Exception: Building directories, personnel names, company or occupant names and logos, menus and temporary (seven days or less) signs are not required to comply with ICC A117.1.
1. At bus stops and terminals, signage must be provided in accordance with Section E108.4.
2. At fixed facilities and stations, signage must be provided in accordance with Sections E109.2.2 through E188.8.131.52.
3. At airports, terminal information systems must be provided in accordance with Section E110.3.
Exception: Bus schedules, timetables and maps that are posted at the bus stop or bus bay are not required to meet this requirement.
1. Where the station has no defined entrance but signs are provided, the raised characters and braille signs shall be placed in a central location.
2. Signs are not required to be raised characters and braille where audible signs are remotely transmitted to hand-held receivers, or are user or proximity actuated.
Exception: Where vehicles are boarded from sidewalks or street level, low-level platforms shall be permitted to be less than 8 inches (250 mm).
|DOJ 36 CFR |
| Americans with Disabilities Act |
(ADA) Accessibility Guidelines
for Transportation Vehicles
(ADAAG). Washington, DC:
Department of Justice, 1991
|IBC-15||International Building Code||E102.1|
|Accessible and Usable |
Buildings and Facilities
| E101.2, E104.2.4, |
E109.2.3, E109.2.5, E110.2