The following change shall be made to NFPA 70:
- Change Sections 334.10(2) and 334.10(3) of NFPA 70 to read:
- Change Exception 2 to Section 700.12(F) of NFPA 70 to read:
- The service wiring and equipment, including the meter socket enclosure, shall be installed and the service wiring terminated.
- The grounding electrode system shall be installed and terminated.
- At least one receptacle outlet on a ground fault protected circuit shall be installed and the circuit wiring terminated.
- Service equipment covers shall be installed.
- The building roof covering shall be installed.
- Temporary electrical service equipment shall be suitable for wet locations unless the interior is dry and protected from the weather.
Generators installed to comply with regulations for assisted living facilities licensed by the Virginia Department of Social Services shall be permitted to be optional standby systems.
Emergency and standby power systems required by this code or the International Fire Code shall be installed in accordance with this code, NFPA 110 and 111.
Stationary emergency and standby power generators required by this code shall be listed in accordance with UL 2200.
Emergency and standby power systems shall be provided where required by Sections 2702.2.1 through 2702.2.20.
Emergency power shall be provided for emergency voice/alarm communication systems in Group A occupancies in accordance with Section 907.5.2.2.4.
Standby power shall be provided for smoke control systems in accordance with Section 909.11.
Standby power shall be provided for horizontal sliding doors in accordance with Section 1008.1.4.3.
Standby power shall be provided for occupancies with organic peroxides in accordance with the International Fire Code.
Emergency power shall be provided for doors in Group I-3 occupancies in accordance with Section 408.4.2.
Emergency and standby power systems shall be maintained and tested in accordance with the International Fire Code.