The following change shall be made to NFPA 70:
- Change Sections 334.10(2) and 334.10(3) of NFPA 70 to read:
- Change Exception 2 to Section 700.12(F) of NFPA 70 to read:
The building official shall give permission to energize the electrical service equipment of a one- or two-family dwelling unit when all of the following requirements have been approved:
- The service wiring and equipment, including the meter socket enclosure, shall be installed and the service wiring terminated.
- The grounding electrode system shall be installed and terminated.
- At least one receptacle outlet on a ground fault protected circuit shall be installed and the circuit wiring terminated.
- Service equipment covers shall be installed.
- The building roof covering shall be installed.
- Temporary electrical service equipment shall be suitable for wet locations unless the interior is dry and protected from the weather.
Generators installed to comply with regulations for assisted living facilities licensed by the Virginia Department of Social Services shall be permitted to be optional standby systems.