- Change Sections 334.10(2) and 334.10(3) of
NFPA 70 to read:
(2) Multifamily dwellings not exceeding four floors above grade and multifamily dwellings of any height permitted to be of Types III, IV and V construction except in any case as prohibited in 334.12.
(3) Other structures not exceeding four floors above grade and other structures of any height permitted to be of Types III, IV and V construction except in any case as prohibited in 334.12. In structures exceeding four floors above grade, cables shall be concealed within walls, floors or ceilings that provide a thermal barrier of material that has at least a 15-minute finish rating as identified in listings of fire-rated assemblies.
For the purpose of Items 2 and 3 above, the first floor of a building shall be that floor that has 50% or more of the exterior wall surface area level with or above finished grade. One additional level that is the first level and not designed for human habitation and used only for vehicle parking, storage or similar use shall be permitted.
Change Section 700.12(F)(2)(6) of NFPA
70 to read:
(6) Where the normal power branch circuits that supply luminaries providing illumination immediately on the inside and outside of exit doors are supplied by the same service or feeder, the remote heads providing emergency illumination for the exterior of an exit door shall be permitted to be supplied by the unit equipment serving the area immediately inside the exit door.
- The service wiring and equipment, including the meter socket enclosure, shall be installed and the service wiring terminated.
- The grounding electrode system shall be installed and terminated.
- At least one receptacle outlet on a ground fault protected circuit shall be installed and the circuit wiring terminated.
- Service equipment covers shall be installed.
- The building roof covering shall be installed.
- Temporary electrical service equipment shall be suitable for wet locations unless the interior is dry and protected from the weather.