Part 1 — Scope and Application
- The PLLN/DOE software programs REScheck.
- The Texas Energy Systems Laboratory International Code Compliance Calculator, IC3.
- Software programs approved by the State Energy Conservation Office.
- Other software programs if approved by the executive director or the Council.
Part 2 — Administration and Enforcement
Exception: The code official is authorized to waive the requirements for construction documents or other supporting data if the code official determines they are not necessary to confirm compliance with this code.
1. Insulation materials and their R-values.
2. Fenestration U-factors and solar heat gain coefficients (SHGC).
3. Area-weighted U-factor and solar heat gain coefficients (SHGC) calculations.
4. Mechanical system design criteria.
5. Mechanical and service water-heating system and equipment types, sizes and efficiencies.
6. Equipment and system controls.
7. Duct sealing, duct and pipe insulation and location.
8. Air sealing details.
One set of construction documents so reviewed shall be retained by the code official. The other set shall be returned to the applicant, kept at the site of work and shall be open to inspection by the code official or a duly authorized representative.
Exception: Systems serving multiple dwelling units shall be inspected in accordance with Section C104.2.4.