Words and terms used in this chapter and defined in Chapter 2 shall have the meanings ascribed to them as defined therein.
- Buffing operations are equipped with an approved continuous automatic water-spray system directed at the point of cutting action;
- Buffing machines are connected to particle-collecting systems providing a minimum air movement of 1,500 cubic feet per minute (cfm) (0.71 m3/s) in volume and 4,500 feet per minute (fpm) (23 m/s) in-line velocity; and
- The collecting system shall discharge the rubber particles to an approved outdoor noncombustible or fire-resistant container, which is emptied at frequent intervals to prevent overflow.
- Individual storage piles shall comply with size and separation requirements in Sections 3405.1 through 3405.5.
- Adjacent storage piles shall be considered a group, and the aggregate volume of storage piles in a group shall not exceed 150,000 cubic feet (4248 m3).
Separation between groups shall be at least 75 feet (22 860 mm) wide.