- The replacement window is the manufacturer's largest standard size window that will fit within the existing frame or existing rough opening. The replacement window shall be permitted to be of the same operating style as the existing window or a style that provides for an equal or greater window opening area than the existing window.
- The replacement window is not part of a change of occupancy.
- Window opening control devices complying with ASTM F2090 shall be permitted for use on windows required to provide emergency escape and rescue openings.
- The window is operable.
- The window replacement includes replacement of the sash and the frame.
- The top of the sill of the window opening is at a height less than 24 inches (610 mm) above the finished floor.
- The window will permit openings that will allow passage of a 4-inch-diameter (102 mm) sphere where the window is in its largest opened position.
- The vertical distance from the top of the sill of the window opening to the finished grade or other surface below, on the exterior of the building, is greater than 72 inches (1829 mm).
- Available documentation of the existing building.
- 1.1. Field surveys.
- 1.2. Tests (nondestructive and destructive).
- 1.3. Laboratory analysis.
- Replacement of electrical receptacles shall comply with the requirements of Chapters 34 through 43.
- Plug fuses of the Edison-base type shall be used for replacements only where there is not evidence of overfusing or tampering in accordance with the applicable requirements of Chapters 34 through 43.
- For replacement of nongrounding-type receptacles with grounding-type receptacles and for branch circuits that do not have an equipment grounding conductor in the branch circuitry, the grounding conductor of a grounding-type receptacle outlet shall be permitted to be grounded to any accessible point on the grounding electrode system, or to any accessible point on the grounding electrode conductor, as allowed and described in Chapters 34 through 43.
|ASTM F2090—17||Specification for Window Fall Prevention Devices with Emergency Escape (Egress) Release Mechanisms||AJ102.4.3|
|IEBC—18||International Existing Building Code®||AJ102.6|