- Protect the foundation of buildings from water damage;
- Prevent water accumulation on streets, sidewalks and other areas used for pedestrian or vehicular travel;
- Prevent water accumulation which may cause odors, the breeding of insects, or other health hazards;
- Prevent contamination of water supply systems.
- Reinforced concrete with the base and walls not less than 6 inches in thickness; or
- 8-inch sewer brick, parged to a smooth finish on the interior wall; or
- 8-inch 75% solid concrete block, parged to a smooth finish on the interior walls; or
- Other materials as approved by the Department.
|Asbestos-cement pipe||ASTM C 508|
|Cast-iron pipe||ASTM A 74; ASTM A 888; CISPI 301|
|Polyethylene (PE) plastic pipe||ASTM F 405; CAN/CSA B182.1; CSA B182.6; CSA
|Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) Plastic pipe (type sewer pipe, PS25, PS50 or PS100)||ASTM D 2729; ASTM F 891; CSA B182.2; CAN/CSA B182.4|
|Stainless steel drainage systems, Type 316L||ASME A 112.3.1|
|Vitrified clay pipe||ASTM C 4; ASTM C 700|
- Residential buildings containing no more than four families and not exceeding three stories in height. For the purpose of this section, basements are not considered a story.
|Diameter (Inches)||Fall Per Foot||Vertical Leaders|
Note: Seeded areas shall be calculated as 55% of the actual measured area.
|Square Feet||Fixture Units|
|7 for each of the first||1,500|
|5 for each of the next||1,500|
|4 for each of the next||2,000|
|3 for each unit thereafter|