Exception: Bathtubs, showers, lavatories, clothes washers and laundry trays shall not be required to discharge to the sanitary drainage system where such fixtures discharge to systems complying with Sections P2910 and P2911.
- Piping shall be supported to ensure alignment and prevent sagging, and allow movement associated with the expansion and contraction of the piping system.
- Piping in the ground shall be laid on a firm bed for its entire length, except where support is otherwise provided.
- Hangers and anchors shall be of sufficient strength to maintain their proportional share of the weight of pipe and contents and of sufficient width to prevent distortion to the pipe. Hangers and strapping shall be of approved material that will not promote galvanic action. Rigid support sway bracing shall be provided at changes in direction greater than 45 degrees (0.79 rad) for pipe sizes 4 inches (102 mm) and larger.
- Piping shall be supported at distances not to exceed those indicated in Table P2605.1.
|PIPING MATERIAL|| MAXIMUM HORIZONTAL |
| MAXIMUM VERTICAL |
|Copper or copper alloy pipe||12||10|
|Copper or copper alloy tubing (11/4 inches in diameter and smaller)||6||10|
|Copper or copper alloy tubing (11/2 inches in diameter and larger)||10||10|
|Cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) pipe, 1 inch and smaller||2.67 (32 inches)||10b|
|Cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) pipe, 11/4 inch and larger||4||10b|
|Cross-linked polyethylene/aluminum/cross-linked polyethylene (PEX-AL-PEX) pipe||2.67 (32 inches)||4b|
|CPVC pipe or tubing (1 inch in diameter and smaller)||3||10b|
|CPVC pipe or tubing (11/4 inches in diameter and larger)||4||10b|
|PB pipe or tubing||2.67 (32 inches)||4|
|Polyethylene of raised temperature (PE-RT) pipe, 1 inch and smaller||2.67 (32 inches)||10b|
|Polyethylene of raised temperature (PE-RT) pipe, 11/4 inch and larger||4||10b|
|Polypropylene (PP) pipe or tubing (1 inch and smaller)||2.67 (32 inches)||10b|
|Polypropylene (PP) pipe or tubing (11/4 inches and larger)||4||10b|
|Stainless steel drainage systems||10||10b|
|For SI: 1 inch = 25.4 mm, 1 foot = 304.8 mm.|
|a. The maximum horizontal spacing of cast-iron pipe hangers shall be increased to 10 feet where 10-foot lengths of pipe are installed.|
|b. For sizes 2 inches and smaller, a guide shall be installed midway between required vertical supports. Such guides shall prevent pipe movement in a direction perpendicular to the axis of the pipe.|
- A waterproof sealant applied at the joint between the wall and the pipe.
- A flashing of an approved elastomeric material.
Exception: Where the manufacturer identification cannot be marked on pipe fittings and pipe nipples because of the small size of such fittings, the identification shall be printed on the item packaging or on documentation provided with the item.