Glass or other brittle materials with which people are likely to come into contact shall comply with one or more of the following:
1. If broken upon impact, break in a way that is unlikely to cause injury.
2. Resist a reasonably foreseeable impact without breaking.
3. Be reasonably protected from impact.
Provisions are required during construction and demolition work to:
1. Protect authorized personnel from injury resulting from falling objects, fire, blasts, tripping or falling, or any other risk posed by the construction or demolition operation.
2. Prevent the entry of unauthorized personnel on the construction or demolition site.
3. Protect property off site from damage resulting from falling objects, fire, blasts or any other risk posed by the construction or demolition operations.
Sequencing of tasks, procedural methods and equipment shall be such that:
1. Personnel are protected from injury and illness attributable to hazards present because of the given operation.
2. Adjacent property, property on site and equipment are protected from damage from execution of the given tasks.
3. Safety procedures limit the accumulation of combustible materials on site and provide safeguards for equipment and operations that represent ignition sources.
Provisions for personnel movement, transport and support shall be such that:
1. Personnel are protected from injury due to falling.
2. Personnel are protected from injury due to falling objects.
3. Personnel are protected from injury that could be caused by the particular operations being conducted.
4. Exposure to materials that are known to be health hazards is eliminated.