(a) Qualifications. Applicants shall meet the following qualifications at the time of filing for the license:
(1) Be able to read, write and speak the English language.
(2) Be able to interpret structural and erection drawings.
(3) (i) Have at least five years of supervisory experience within the last 10 years in the planning and execution of the erection or dismantling of tower and climber cranes; or
(ii) For a period of five years within the last 10 years, an applicant shall have erected or dismantled, as part of a team, eight or more tower and/or climber cranes of which at least three erections or dismantlings of such cranes shall be under his supervision, and/or oversee the safety and code requirements for the same.
(b) Prerequisites to examination. Applicants shall be required to have passed a written and practical examination no more than one year prior to the application filing date. Prior to being eligible to take such examination, an applicant must submit satisfactory evidence that:
(1) the applicant has at least five years of supervisory experience in the planning and execution of the erection or dismantling of tower or climber cranes; or
(2) the applicant has at least five years of practical experience working as part of a team erecting and dismantling tower or climber cranes and has participated in at least eight such erections or dismantlings.
(c) Annual renewal of licenses without examination. Licenses issued under the above stated rules may be renewed annually without examination.
(d) Requirement of examination following failure of timely renewal. Failure to renew this license annually shall require an examination or re-examination as appropriate. Renewal applications shall be submitted between 30 and 60 days prior to the expiration date of the license.
(e) Fees. The initial fee for licensing in accordance with these rules shall be $150.00, and the annual renewal fee shall be $50.00. If the initial application is denied, a refund of $50.00 will be made.