- Where a request for a bicycle access plan has been submitted pursuant to this article, the owner, lessee, manager or other person in control of the building shall within 30 days after receipt of such request complete and implement a bicycle access plan or provide to the tenant or subtenant a copy of the request for an exception that has been filed with the department of transportation in accordance with section 28-504.4.
- A plan shall be completed on a form provided by the department of transportation and shall include, at a minimum: the location of entrances; route to freight elevators that accommodate bicycle access; the route to a designated area for bicycle parking on an accessible level if such bicycle parking is made available; and such other information as the department may require. The plan shall provide that bicycle access is available, at a minimum, during the regular operating hours of the freight elevator, if such freight elevator is used for bicycle access in such building. Bicycle access shall be granted to the requesting tenant or subtenant and its employees in accordance with such plan.
- The plan may be amended from time to time to accommodate requests from other tenants or subtenants to provide bicycle access pursuant to this article.
- Every owner, lessee, manager or other person in control of a building subject to this article shall either post in such building each bicycle access plan that is in effect, notifying the requesting tenants and subtenants of their right to bicycle access in accordance with such plan, or shall post a notice in the building lobby indicating that such plan is available in the office of the building manager upon request. Either such posting shall be made within five days of completion and implementation of such plan.
- Every owner, lessee, manager or other person in control of such building shall post in such building any letter of exception granted by the commissioner or commissioner of transportation, including the basis or bases for the exception and, if applicable, the route to alternate off-street or indoor parking, as provided in section 28-504.4, or shall post a notice in the building lobby indicating that such letter is available in the office of the building manager upon request. Either such posting shall be made within five days of receipt of such letter of exception.
- Plans, letters of exception or notices of availability of either shall be posted in a prominent location easily visible to a building's tenants, subtenants and the building's employees, and shall be made available upon request by the department, the department of transportation or authorized representatives of any other city agency.
*Section 28-504 was added by: Local Law 52 of 2009 —Update #22. This law has an effective date of December 11, 2009.