Part 1 Scope and Application
Part 2 Administration and Enforcement
Construction documents and other supporting data shall be submitted in one or more sets with each application for a permit. The construction documents shall be prepared by a registered design professional where required by the statutes of the jurisdiction in which the project is to be constructed. Where special conditions exist, the code official is authorized to require necessary construction documents to be prepared by a registered design professional.
Exception: The code official is authorized to waive the requirements for construction documents or other supporting data if the code official determines they are not necessary to confirm compliance with this code.
Construction documents shall be drawn to scale on suitable material. Electronic media documents are permitted to be submitted where approved by the code official. Construction documents shall be of sufficient clarity to indicate the location, nature and extent of the work proposed, and show in sufficient detail pertinent data and features of the building, systems and equipment as herein governed. Details shall include, but are not limited to, the following as applicable:
- Insulation materials and their R-values.
- Fenestration U-factors and solar heat gain coefficients (SHGCs).
- Area-weighted U-factor and solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) calculations.
- Mechanical system design criteria.
- Mechanical and service water heating systems and equipment types, sizes and efficiencies.
- Economizer description.
- Equipment and system controls.
- Fan motor horsepower (hp) and controls.
- Duct sealing, duct and pipe insulation and location.
- Lighting fixture schedule with wattage and control narrative.
- Location of daylight zones on floor plans.
- Air sealing details.
When the code official issues a permit where construction documents are required, the construction documents shall be endorsed in writing and stamped "Reviewed for Code Compliance." Such approved construction documents shall not be changed, modified or altered without authorization from the code official. Work shall be done in accordance with the approved construction documents.
One set of construction documents so reviewed shall be retained by the code official. The other set shall be returned to the applicant, kept at the site of work and shall be open to inspection by the code official or a duly authorized representative.
Energy code compliance documentation and supporting calculations shall be delivered in one document to the building owner as part of the project record documents or manuals, or as a standalone document. This document shall include the specific energy code edition utilized for compliance determination for each system, documentation demonstrating compliance with Section C303.1.3 for each fenestration product installed, and the interior lighting power compliance path, building area or space-by-space, used to calculate the lighting power allowance.
For projects complying with Item 2 of Section C401.2, the documentation shall include:
- The envelope insulation compliance path.
- All compliance calculations including those required by Sections C402.1.5, C403.8.1, C405.3 and C405.4.
The training shall include:
- Review of manuals and permanent certificate.
- Hands-on demonstration of all normal maintenance procedures, normal operating modes, and all emergency shutdown and startup procedures.
- Training completion report.