About this appendix: Agricultural buildings are given special consideration in Appendix C. Often such buildings have unique uses and structural needs. Where an agricultural building is surrounded by 60 feet of open area on all sides, size limits are waived. Automatic sprinkler protection may be required.
- Livestock shelters or buildings, including shade structures and milking barns.
- Poultry buildings or shelters.
- Storage of equipment and machinery used exclusively in agriculture.
- Horticultural structures, including detached production greenhouses and crop protection shelters.
- Grain silos.
- Riding arenas as defined in amended Subsection 312.1.
|I||II||III and IV||V|
|A||B||A||B||III A and IV||III B||A||B|
|ALLOWABLE AREA (square feet)a|
|MAXIMUM HEIGHT IN STORIES|
|MAXIMUM HEIGHT IN FEET|
For SI: 1 square foot = 0.0929 m2.
- See Section C102 for unlimited area under certain conditions.
- The maximum travel distance from any point in the building to an approved exit shall not exceed 300 feet (91 440 mm).
- One exit is required for each 15,000 square feet (1393.5 m2) of area or fraction thereof. The portion of riding arena buildings where riding will occur or where spectators may be present or seating is provided shall be provided with a minimum of four exits directly to the outside, with the exits located in a manner acceptable to the department that enhances exit from spectator areas. Exits from this portion of the building shall not be provided with a latch or lock unless it is panic hardware.
- Exit doors for riding arenas shall not be less than 3 feet wide by 6 feet 8 inches high.