Part 1 — Scope and Application
Part 2 — Administration and Enforcement
Radio and television transmitting stations: The provisions of this code shall not apply to electrical equipment used for radio and television transmissions, but do apply to equipment and wiring for a power supply and the installations of towers and antennas.
Temporary testing systems: A permit shall not be required for the installation of any temporary system required for the testing or servicing of electrical equipment or apparatus.
Deferral of any submittal items shall have the prior approval of the building official. The registered design professional in responsible charge shall list the deferred submittals on the construction documents for review by the building official.
Documents for deferred submittal items shall be submitted to the registered design professional in responsible charge who shall review them and forward them to the building official with a notation indicating that the deferred submittal documents have been reviewed and found to be in general conformance to the design of the building. The deferred submittal items shall not be installed until the deferred submittal documents have been approved by the building official.
- Permit fees. The fee for each building permit is established in Table 109.2.
- Plan review fees. When submittal documents are required, a plan review fee must be paid in addition to the building permit fee. The plan review fee is 35 percent of the building permit fee as established in Table 109.2. If only plan review services are provided, the plan review fee for such services shall be 50 percent of the combined plan review and building permit fee.
- Add a new paragraph to IBC Section 109.2 to read: "Requested Inspection Fee - $75.00 per hour, with any portions of an hour rounded up to the next full hour. Travel and per diem may be charged as per the state of Montana's existing rates for these items."
Exception: Gypsum board that is not part of a fire-resistance-rated assembly or a shear assembly.
- the building permit number;
- the address of the building;
- the name and address of the owner;
- a description of that portion of the building for which the certificate is issued;
- a statement that the described portion of the building has been inspected and complies with the state building code for the group and division of occupancy and the use for which the proposed occupancy is classified;
- the name of the building official;
- the section of the code under which the permit was issued;
- the use and occupancy, in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 3;
- the type of construction as defined in Chapter 6;
- the design occupant load;
- if an automatic sprinkler system is provided, whether the sprinkler system is required; and
- any special stipulations and conditions of the building permit.