1. Tents used exclusively for recreational camping purposes.
2. Tents open on all sides which comply with all of the following:
2.1. Individual tents having a maximum size of 700 square feet (65 m2).
2.2. The aggregate area of multiple tents placed side by side without a fire break clearance of 12 feet (3658 mm), not exceeding 700 square feet (65 m2) total.
2.3. A minimum clearance of 12 feet (3658 mm) to all structures and other tents.
1. Separation distance between membrane structures and tents not used for cooking is not required when the aggregate floor area does not exceed 15,000 square feet (1394 m2).
2. Membrane structures or tents need not be separated from buildings when all of the following conditions are met:
2.1. The aggregate floor area of the membrane structure or tent shall not exceed 10,000 square feet (929 m2).
2.2. The aggregate floor area of the building and membrane structure or tent shall not exceed the allowable floor area including increases as indicated in the International Building Code.
2.3. Required means of egress are provided for both the building and the membrane structure or tent including travel distances.
2.4. Fire apparatus access roads are provided in accordance with Section 503.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF MEANS OF EGRESS AND MEANS OF
EGRESS WIDTHS FROM TEMPORARY MEMBRANE STRUCTURES AND TENTS
|OCCUPANT LOAD||MINIMUM NUMBER OF MEANS |
|MINIMUM WIDTH OF EACH MEANS OF |
|MINIMUM WIDTH OF EACH MEANS OF |
|10 to 199||2||72||36|
|200 to 499||3||72||72|
|500 to 999||4||96||72|
|1,000 to 1,999||5||120||96|
|2,000 to 2,999||6||120||96|
|For SI: 1 inch = 25.4 mm.|
|a. When the occupant load exceeds 3,000, the total width of means of egress (in inches) shall not be less than the total occupant load multiplied by 0.2 inches per person.|
1. Curtains shall be free sliding on a metal support. The support shall be a minimum of 80 inches (2032 mm) above the floor level at the exit. The curtains shall be so arranged that, when open, no part of the curtain obstructs the exit.
2. Curtains shall be of a color, or colors, that contrasts with the color of the tent.
1. In areas serving employees only, the minimum aisle width shall be 24 inches (610 mm) but not less than the width required by the number of employees served.
2. In public areas, smooth-surfaced, unobstructed aisles having a minimum width of not less than 44 inches (1118 mm) shall be provided from seating areas, and aisles shall be progressively increased in width to provide, at all points, not less than 1 foot (305 mm) of aisle width for each 50 persons served by such aisle at that point.
1. Two separate circuits, one of which shall be separate from all other circuits, for occupant loads of 300 or less; or
2. Two separate sources of power, one of which shall be an approved emergency system, shall be provided when the occupant load exceeds 300. Emergency systems shall be supplied from storage batteries or from the on-site generator set, and the system shall be installed in accordance with NFPA 70. The emergency system provided shall have a minimum duration of 90 minutes when operated at full design demand.
1. Names and address of the owners of the tent or air-supported structure.
2. Date the fabric was last treated with flame-retardant solution.
3. Trade name or kind of chemical used in treatment.
4. Name of person or firm treating the material.
5. Name of testing agency and test standard by which the fabric was tested.
1. The quarter-turn shutoff valve or other shutoff valve on the outlet of the CNG or LP-gas container shall be closed and the engine shall be operated until it stops. Valves shall remain closed while the vehicle is indoors.
2. The hot lead of the battery shall be disconnected.