1. All of Chapter 3, entitled “General Regulations,” except Sections 303.7 and 306.
2. All of Chapter 4, entitled “Gas Piping Installations,” except Sections 401.8 and 402.3.
2.1. Sections 401.8 and 402.3 shall apply when the work being performed increases the load on the system such that the existing pipe does not meet the size required by code. Existing systems that are modified shall not require resizing as long as the load on the system is not increased and the system length is not increased even if the altered system does not meet code minimums.
3. All of Chapter 5, entitled “Chimneys and Vents.”
4. All of Chapter 6, entitled “Specific Appliances.”
Deleted (see the 2015 Minnesota Accessibility Code).
1. Structural elements where the additional dead load from the roofing or equipment does not increase the demand-capacity ratio for the element by more than 5 percent. Additional loads due to snow retention as a result of a change in roof insulation shall be included in the evaluation.
2. Buildings constructed in accordance with the conventional light frame construction methods of the International Building Code and where the dead load from the roofing equipment is not increased by more than 5 percent.
3. Addition of a second layer of roof covering weighing 3 pounds per square foot (0.1437 kN/m2) or less over an existing single layer of roof covering.