VEHICLE PARKING SPACE SIZE
PARKING SPACE ACCESS AISLE
1. A sign indicating no parking shall not be required where the sign would obstruct a curb ramp or pedestrian route. In this case, the no parking designation shall be provided on the surface of the access aisle.
2. A sign indicating no parking shall not be required where parking spaces and access aisles are enclosed or otherwise protected from the elements. In this case, the no parking designation shall be provided on the surface of the access aisle.
3. Where access aisles or parking spaces are not adjacent to another access aisle or parking space, measurements shall be permitted to include the full width of the line defining the access aisle or parking space.
1. Parking spaces for vans.
2. The access aisles serving parking spaces for vans.
3. The vehicular routes serving parking spaces for vans.
PASSENGER LOADING ZONE ACCESS AISLE
1. Vehicle pull-up spaces;
2. The access aisles serving vehicle pull-up spaces;
3. A vehicular route from an entrance to the passenger loading zone, and;
4. A vehicular route from the passenger loading zone to a vehicular exit serving vehicle pull-up spaces.
TREADS AND RISERS FOR ACCESSIBLE STAIRWAYS
1. In assembly seating areas, handrails shall not be required on both sides along aisle stairs, provided with a handrail either at the side or within the aisle.
2. In assembly seating areas, handrails shall not be required on the sides of ramped aisles serving seats.
1. Handrail brackets or balusters attached to the bottom surface of the handrail shall not be considered obstructions, provided the brackets or balusters comply with the following criteria:
a. Not more than 20 percent of the handrail length is obstructed,
b. Horizontal projections beyond the sides of the handrail occur 11/2 inches (38 mm) minimum below the bottom of the handrail, and provided that for each 1/2 inch (13 mm) of additional handrail perimeter dimension above 4 inches (100 mm), the vertical clearance dimension of 11/2 inch (38 mm) can be reduced by 1/8 inch (3.2 mm), and
c. Edges shall be rounded.
2. Where handrails are provided along walking surfaces with slopes not steeper than 1:20, the bottoms of handrail gripping surfaces shall be permitted to be obstructed along their entire length where they are integral to crash rails or bumper guards.
1. Continuous handrails at the inside turn of stairs and ramps.
2. Handrail extensions are not required in aisles serving seating where the handrails are discontinuous to provide access to seating and to permit crossovers within the aisle.
3. In alterations, full extensions of handrails shall not be required where such extensions would be hazardous due to plan configuration.
TOP AND BOTTOM HANDRAIL EXTENSIONS AT RAMPS
TOP HANDRAIL EXTENSIONS AT STAIRS
BOTTOM HANDRAIL EXTENSIONS AT STAIRS