- Listed or preliminarily determined to be eligible for listing in the National Register of Historic Places;
- Determined by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Interior to contribute to the historical significance of a registered historic district or a district preliminarily determined to qualify as a historic district; or
- Designated as historic under a state or local historic preservation program that is approved by the Department of Interior.
Replacement glazing in hazardous locations shall comply with the safety glazing requirements of Chapter 24 of the International Building Code.
Exception: Glass block walls, louvered windows, and jalousies repaired with like materials.
- If a main entrance cannot be made accessible, an accessible nonpublic entrance that is unlocked while the building is occupied shall be provided; or
- a main entrance cannot be made accessible, a locked accessible entrance with a notification system or remote monitoring shall be provided.