- Pressure vessels used for unheated water supply.
- Portable unfired pressure vessels and Interstate Commerce Commission containers.
- Containers for bulk oxygen and medical gas.
- Unfired pressure vessels having a volume of 5 cubic feet (0.14 m3) or less operating at pressures not exceeding 250 pounds per square inch (psi) (1724 kPa) and located within occupancies of Groups B, F, H, M, R, S and U.
- Pressure vessels used in refrigeration systems that are regulated by Chapter 11 of this code.
- Pressure tanks used in conjunction with coaxial cables, telephone cables, power cables and other similar humidity control systems.
- Any boiler or pressure vessel subject to inspection by federal or state inspectors.
TOP OF BOILER TO
CEILING OR OTHER
|All boilers with manholes on top of the boiler except where a greater clearance is required in this table.||3|
|All boilers without manholes on top of the boiler except high-pressure steam boilers and where a greater clearance is required in this table.||2|
|High-pressure steam boilers with steam generating capacity not exceeding 5,000 pounds per hour.||3|
|High-pressure steam boilers with steam generating capacity exceeding 5,000 pounds per hour.||7|
|High-pressure steam boilers having heating surface not exceeding 1,000 square feet.||3|
|High-pressure steam boilers having heating surface in excess of 1,000 square feet.||7|
|High-pressure steam boilers with input not exceeding 5,000,000 Btu/h.||3|
|High-pressure steam boilers with input in excess of 5,000,000 Btu/h.||7|
|Steam-heating boilers and hot water-heating boilers with input exceeding 5,000,000 Btu/h.||3|
|Steam-heating boilers exceeding 5,000 pounds of steam per hour.||3|
|Steam-heating boilers and hot water-heating boilers having heating surface exceeding 1,000 square feet.||3|
l pound per hour= 0.4536 kg/h, 1 Btu/hr= 0.293 W.
|Vt||=||Minimum volume of tanks (gallons) (L).|
|Vs||=||Volume of system, not including expansion tanks
|T||=||Average operating temperature (°F) (0 C).|
|Pa||=||Atmospheric pressure (psi) (kPa).|
|Pf||=||Fill pressure (psi) (kPa).|
|Po||=||Maximum operating pressure (psi) (kPa).|
Where all necessary information is not known, the minimum size of the tank shall be determined from Table 1009.2.
|TANK CAPACITIES IN GALLONS|