|Adopt Entire Chapter||X|
|Adopt Entire Chapter as amended (amended sections listed below)|
|Adopt only those sections that are listed below|
|[California Code of Regulations, Title 19, Division 1]|
|Chapter / Section|
Where rubbish containers with a capacity exceeding 5.33 cubic feet (40 gallons) (0.15 m3) are used for temporary storage of combustible debris, rubbish and waste material, they shall have tight-fitting or self-closing lids. Such rubbish containers shall be constructed entirely of materials that comply with either of the following:
- Noncombustible materials.
- Materials that meet a peak rate of heat release not exceeding 300 kW/m2 when tested in accordance with ASTM E1354 at an incident heat flux of 50 kW/m2 in the horizontal orientation.
The cleaning and purging of flammable gas piping systems, including cleaning new or existing piping systems, purging piping systems into service and purging piping systems out of service, shall comply with NFPA 56.
Structures under construction, alteration or demolition shall be provided with not less than one approved portable fire extinguisher in accordance with Section 906 and sized for not less than ordinary hazard as follows:
Internal-combustion-powered construction equipment shall be used in accordance with all of the following conditions:
- Equipment shall be located so that exhausts do not discharge against combustible material.
- Exhausts shall be piped to the outside of the building.
- Equipment shall not be refueled while in operation.
- Fuel for equipment shall be stored in an approved area outside of the building.