- Food establishments that are used exclusively for the sale of farm produce sold at or on the premises where produced.
- Food preparation units installed in school buildings with the following provisions:
- A sign must be posted requiring all mouth utensils to be of single-use, disposable type.
- The floor surface of the area must be of linoleum, asphalt tile, or equivalent nonabsorbent material.
- A residential-type vent must be installed when a residential kitchen range is provided.
- Employee lunch rooms if no food other than beverages is prepared on the premises, and provided all mouth utensils are of the disposable type. Heating devices limited to this use need not be vented.
- Food establishments in which all food is to be sold in sealed packages, and in which there is to be no preparing or packaging of food, shall comply with all applicable food establishment regulations. The Certificate of Occupancy shall state "Packaged Food Only."
- Toilet rooms may have a ceiling height of not less than seven feet six inches.
- Refrigerated cold storage rooms are exempted from this ceiling height requirement.
All hoods, ducts, fans and other devices provided to ventilate the cooking areas of commercial food preparation equipment in commercial food establishments shall be installed as required by and in compliance with the provisions of the Los Angeles Mechanical Code. Rooms in which exhaust systems are installed shall be provided with acceptable air inlets to admit at least as much air as is exhausted by these systems.
Ducts penetrating a ceiling or floor shall be enclosed in a shaft enclosure conforming to the requirements of CBC Section 713. Where a shaft enclosure is not required by CBC Section 713, ducts that convey grease vapors shall be enclosed in a one-hour fire-resistive shaft. The shaft shall be separated from the duct by a minimum 6 inch (152.4 mm) air space vented to the outside air.
- Toilet Rooms Required. At least one toilet room shall be provided for every food establishment. Adequate separate toilet facilities for each sex shall be provided where the number of employees is four or more. In or immediately adjacent to every toilet room required hereunder there shall be installed one-half as many lavatories as there are water closets and urinals. Each lavatory shall be equipped with running hot and cold water.
Each place of business selling beer, wine, or liquor to be consumed on the premises shall be provided with separate toilet rooms for each sex, which also are readily available to the customers and patrons. These toilet rooms shall contain at least one water closet and lavatory, and at least one urinal for men.
- Location. Toilet rooms shall be located on the premises of the food establishment. Toilet rooms for public use shall be readily accessible to customers. Toilet rooms shall be separated from other portions of the establishment by a tight-fitting, self-closing door.
Additional lavatories or equivalent hand-washing facilities shall be provided in all food preparation areas where the lavatories required in Item 1 are not conveniently located on the same floor and in or adjacent to the food preparation areas.
- Privacy. Toilet rooms shall be so arranged or equipped with view screens as to protect users of toilets and urinals from view from outside the room when the door to the toilet room is open.
EXCEPTION: View screen is not required if the toilet room is only for single accommodation, unisex and a bathroom is provided.
Entrances to the toilet rooms for different sexes shall be properly separated by a space of at least 10 feet or by view screens.
- Dimensions. Toilet rooms shall have dimensions and area as required in Division 11, Article 1, Chapter IX of the LAMC.
Where there are five or more operators, a room shall be provided where operators may change and store their outer garments. Such room shall be provided with self-closing doors and shall be separated from toilet rooms, food storage rooms or food preparation areas. No person shall dress or undress or store his/her clothing in any room other than as provided herein. Clothes changing rooms shall be maintained in a clean and sanitary conditions.
- A permit is obtained from the Department and a fee is paid as required in LAMC Subdivision 184.108.40.206. Any permit so issued shall be valid for a period of 90 days from its issuance. The Department may allow a "certified installer" to be used, in lieu of obtaining a permit, in accordance with LAMC Section 91.1710.
- Any person who willfully or knowingly, with the intent to deceive, makes a false statement or representation, or knowingly fails to disclose a material fact in any documentation required by the Department to ascertain facts relative to this section, LAMC Subdivision 220.127.116.11 or to Section 91.1710, including any oral or written evidence presented, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
Exterior lighting shall be provided for areas accessory to apartment houses, such as, driveways, side yards, walkways, recreation areas and similar locations.
Where, in any specific case, different sections of the Los Angeles Municipal Code specify different requirements, the most restrictive shall govern.
- For new buildings and additions to existing building with at least 50,000 square feet (4645 m2) of floor area, one shower for each gender;
- For new buildings and additions to existing buildings with 150,000 square feet (13 935 m2) to less than 250,000 square feet (23 225 m2) of floor area, two showers for each gender.
- For new buildings and additions to existing buildings with 250,000 square feet (23 225 m2) of floor area or more, one additional shower for each gender for each increment of 100,000 square feet (9290 m2) of floor area or portion thereof.
For new buildings and additions to existing building with 50,000 square feet (4645 m2) of floor area and greater, one shower for each gender.
For the uses specified above, where bicycle parking spaces are required pursuant to Section 12.21-A16 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, one locker facility shall be provided for each required bicycle parking space. Locker facilities required by this section shall be located to permit access by either gender.
- For new buildings and additions to existing building with at least 100,000 square feet (9290 m2) to less than 300,000 square feet (27 870 m2) of floor area, one shower for each gender;
- For new buildings and additions to existing buildings with 300,000 square feet (27 870 m2) of floor area or greater, one additional shower for each gender for each additional increment of 200,000 square feet (18 580 m2) of floor area or portion thereof.