Part 1 — Scope and Application
Exception: The following need not comply provided the energy use of the building is not increased:
1. Storm windows installed over existing fenestration.
2. Glass only replacements in an existing sash and frame.
3. Existing ceiling, wall or floor cavities exposed during construction provided that these cavities are filled with insulation.
4. Construction where the existing roof, wall or floor cavity is not exposed.
5. Reroofing for roofs where neither the sheathing nor the insulation is exposed. Roofs without insulation in the cavity and where the sheathing or insulation is exposed during reroofing shall be insulated either above or below the sheathing.
6. Replacement of existing doors that separate conditioned space from the exterior shall not require the installation of a vestibule or revolving door, provided, however, that an existing vestibule that separates a conditioned space from the exterior shall not be removed,
1. Those with a peak design rate of energy usage less than 3.4 Btu/h • ft2 (10.7 W/m2) or 1.0 watt/ft2 (10.7 W/m2) of floor area for space conditioning purposes.
2. Those that do not contain conditioned space.