For the definition applicable in Chapter 11, see Section N1101.6.
- Listed, or certified as eligible for listing, by the State Historic Preservation Officer or the Keeper of the National Register of Historic Places in the National Register of Historic Places.
- Designated as historic under an applicable state or local law.
- Certified as a contributing resource within a National Register-listed, or a state-designated or locally designated historic district.
- A connection between pipes, fittings or pipes and fittings that is not welded, brazed, caulked, soldered, solvent cemented or heat-fused.
- A general form of gas- or liquid-tight connections obtained by the joining of parts through a positive holding mechanical construction such as, but not limited to, flanged, screwed, clamped or flared connections.
- More than 6 feet (1829 mm) above grade plane.
- More than 12 feet (3658 mm) above the finished ground level at any point.
- Within 1 mile (1.61 km) of the coastal mean high-water line where the ultimate design wind speed, Vult, is 130 mph (58 m/s) or greater.
- In areas where the ultimate design wind speed, Vult, is 140 mph (63.6 m/s) or greater; or Hawaii.