Exception: A locked-open shutoff valve on containers equipped with multiple pressure-relief device installations where the arrangement of the valves provides the full required flow through the minimum number of required relief devices at all times.
Exception: This section shall not apply to DOTn-specified containers with an internal volume of 2 cubic feet (0.057 m3) or less.
- At each valve.
- At wall, floor and ceiling penetrations.
- At each change of direction.
- At intervals not exceeding 20 feet (6096 mm).
- Tests requiring a pressure of 10 psig (68.95 kPa gauge) or less shall utilize a testing gauge having increments of 0.10 psi (0.6895 kPa) or less.
- Tests requiring a pressure greater than 10 psig (68.98 kPa gauge) but less than or equal to 100 psig (689.5 kPa gauge) shall utilize a testing gauge having increments of 1 psi (6.895 kPa) or less.
- Tests requiring a pressure greater than 100 psig (689.5 kPa gauge) shall utilize a testing gauge having increments of 2 psi (13.79 kPa) or less.
Exception: Measuring devices having an equivalent level of accuracy and resolution shall be permitted where specified by the design engineer and approved by the code official.
- Inside a building in a hydrogen cutoff room designed and constructed in accordance with Section 421 of the International Building Code;
- Inside a building not in a hydrogen cutoff room where the gaseous hydrogen system is listed and labeled for indoor installation and installed in accordance with the manufacturer's installation instructions; and
- Inside a building in a dedicated hydrogen fuel dispensing area having an aggregate hydrogen delivery capacity not greater than 12 SCFM and designed and constructed in accordance with Section 703.1.