|CLASS OF POOL||MAXIMUM TURNOVER TIMEa |
|D-2 with less than 24 inches water depth||1|
|D-2 with 24 inches or greater water depth||2|
|CLASS OF POOL||SURFACE SKIMMING SYSTEM|
|D-1||Zero-depth trench located at static water level or other skimming systems|
|D-2||Auto skimmer, zero depth trench or gutters|
|D-3||Auto skimmer, zero depth trench or perimeter device|
|D-4||Single or multiple skimmer devices for skimming flow|
|D-5||Skimmers prohibited in side area|
|D-6||Auto skimmer, zero depth trench, or gutter|
- Separation of activity areas.
- Identification of a break in floor slope at water depths of less than 5 feet (1524 mm).
- Identification of a water depth greater than 4.5 feet (1372 mm) in constant floor slope in Class D-2 pools.
Exception: Class D-1 pools or any other pool where the designer indicates that such a line is not required or that the line would constitute a hazard.
|SHALLOW OR |
|DEEP AREA |
(NOT INCLUDING THE DIVING AREA)
|DIVING AREA |
(PER EACH DIVING BOARD)
|Vessel water surface area||8 sq. ft per user||10 sq. ft. per user||300 sq. ft. per user||—|
|Deck area||—||—||—||1 user per 15 sq. ft.|
ENTRY AND EXIT LOCATIONS
|CLASS OF POOL||ENTRY AND EXIT LOCATIONS|
|D-1||Entry at beach end only; exit at beach end, sides or end wall|
|D-2||Entry and exit determined by the pool designer|
|D-3||Entry prohibited from deck areas; exit by ladders, steps or ramps as determined by pool designer|
|D-4||Entry and exit determined by the pool designer|
|D-5||Entry and exit determined by the pool designer|
|D-6||Entry and exit determined by the pool designer|
- Messages shall be pertinent to the activity being performed or to be performed.
- Messages shall be specific by providing details about the activity.
- Messages shall be short and concise.
- Messages shall be direct without humor or embellishments.