Heads up: There are no amended sections in this chapter.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE LEVEL (EPL) DISPLAY CARD
ESTIMATED ENERGY PERFORMANCE INDEX* = ____
The lower the Energy Performance Index, the more efficient the home.
|BUILDING COMPONENT||PRESCRIPTIVE REQUIREMENTS1||INSTALLED VALUES|
|Climate Zone 1||Climate Zone 2|
|Windows:||U-Factor = 0.652||U-Factor = 0.402||U-Factor =|
|SHGC = 0.25||SHGC = 0.25||SHGC =|
|Skylights||U-factor = 0.75||U-factor = 0.65||U-factor =|
|SHGC = 0.30||SHGC = 0.30||SHGC =|
|Doors: Exterior door||U-factor = 0.653||U-factor = 0.403||U-factor=|
|Over unconditioned spaces4||R-13||R-13||R-Value =|
|Walls4 : Ext. and Adj.|
|Insulation on wall interior:||R-4||R-6||R-Value =|
|Insulation on wall exterior||R-3||R-4||R-Value =|
|Air infiltration:||Blower door test is required on the building envelope to verify leakage ≤ 5 ACH;||Total leakage = ACH|
|test report provided to code official.||Test report Attached?|
|Air distribution system5 :|
|Air handling unit||Not allowed in attic||Location:|
|Duct R-value||R-value ≥ R-8 (supply in attics) or ≥ R-6 (all other duct locations)-||R-Value =|
|Duct test||Postconstruction test:||Total leakage ≤ 4 cfm/100 s.f.||Total leakage =_______ cfm/100s.f.|
|Rough-in test||Total leakage ≤ 3 cfm/100 s.f.||Test report Attached? Yes No|
|Ducts in conditioned space||Test not required if all ducts and AHU are in conditioned space||Location:|
|Air conditioning system:||Minimum federal standard required by NAECA6.|
|Central system ≤ 65,000 Btu/h||SEER 13.0||SEER=|
|Room unit or PTAC||EER [from Table C403.2.3(3)]||EER =|
|Other:||See Tables C403.2.3(1)-(11)|
|Heating system:||Minimum federal standard required by NAECA6|
|Heat pump ≤ 65,000 Btu/h||HSPF 7.7 (before 1/1/15); HSPF 8.2 (as of 1/1/15)||HSPF =|
|Gas furnace, non-weatherized||AFUE 80%||AFUE =|
|Oil furnace, non-weatherized||AFUE 83%||AFUE =|
|Water heating system (storage type):||Minimum federal standard required by NAECA6|
|Electric7||40 gal: EF = 0.92||Gallons =|
|50 gal: EF = 0.90||EF =|
|Gas fired8||40 gal: EF = 0.59||Gallons =|
|50 gal: EF = 0.58||EF =|
NR = No requirement.
(1) Each component present in the As Proposed home must meet or exceed each of the applicable performance criteria in order to comply with this code using this method.
(2) For impact rated fenestration complying with Section R301.2.1.2 of the Florida Building Code, Residential or Section 1609.1.2 of the Florida Building Code, Building the maximum U-factor shall be 0.75 in Climate Zone 1 and 0.65 in Climate Zone 2. An area-weighted average of U-factor and SHGC shall be accepted to meet the requirements, or up to 15 square feet of glazed fenestration area are exempted from the U-factor and SHGC requirement based on Sections R402.3.1, R402.3.2 and R402.3.3.
(3) One side-hinged opaque door assembly up to 24 square feet is exempted from this U-factor requirement.
(4) R-values are for insulation material only as applied in accordance with manufacturers' installation instructions. For mass walls, the "interior of wall" requirement must be met except if at least 50 percent of the insulation required for the "exterior of wall" is installed exterior of, or integral to, the wall.
(5) Ducts & AHU installed "substantially leak free" per Section R403.2.2. Test required by an energy rater certified in accordance with Section 553.99, Florida Statutes, or as authorized by Florida Statutes. The total leakage test is not required for ducts and air handlers located entirely within the building thermal envelope.
(6) Minimum efficiencies are those set by the National Appliance Energy Conservation Act of 1987 for typical residential equipment and are subject to NAECA rules and regulations. For other types of equipment, see Tables C403.2.3(1-11) of the Commercial Provisions of the Florida Building Code, Energy Conservation.
(7) For other electric storage volumes, min. EF = 0.97 - (0.00132 * volume).
(8) For other natural gas storage volumes, min. EF = 0.67 - (0.0019 * volume).
|TABLE R402B MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS|
|Component||Section||Summary of Requirement(s)||Check|
|Air leakage||R402.4||To be caulked, gasketed, weatherstripped or otherwise sealed per TableR402.4.1.1. Recessed lighting: IC-rated as having ≤ 2.0 cfm tested to ASTM E 283.|
|Windows and doors: 0.3 cfm/sq.ft (swinging doors: 0.5 cfm/sf) when tested to NFRC 400 or AAMA/WDMA/CSA 101/I.S. 2/A440.|
|Fireplaces: Tight-fitting flue dampers & outdoor combustion air.|
|R403.1.2||Where forced-air furnace is primary system, a programmable thermostat is required.|
|Air distribution system||R403.2.2||Ducts shall be tested to Section 803 of the RESNET standards by an energy rater certified in accordance with Section 553.99,Florida Statutes, or as authorized by Florida Statutes. Air handling units are not allowed in attics.|
|Water heaters||R403.4||Comply with efficiencies in Table C404.2. Hot water pipes insulated to ≥ R-3 to kitchen outlets, other cases.|
|Circulating systems to have an automatic or accessible manual OFF switch. Heat trap required for vertical pipe risers.|
|Swimming pools & spas||R403.9||Spas and heated pools must have vapor-retardant covers or a liquid cover or other means proven to reduce heat loss except if 70% of heat from site-recovered energy. Off/timer switch required. Gas heaters minimum thermal efficiency is 82%. Heat pump pool heaters minimum COP is 4.0.|
|R403.6||Sizing calculation performed & attached. Special occasion cooling or heating capacity requires separate system or variable capacity system.|
|Lighting equipment||R404.1||At least 75% of permanently installed lighting fixtures shall be high-efficacy lamps.|