Exception: The fire code official is authorized to increase the dimension of 150 feet (45 720 mm) where:
Exception: The restriction on use shall not apply to public officers acting within the scope of duty.
Exception: A single key box shall be permitted to be located adjacent to a fire command center or the non-standard fire service elevator key shall be permitted to be secured in a key box used for other purposes and located in accordance with Section 506.1.
- The emergency voice/alarm communication system control unit.
- The fire department communications system.
- Fire detection and alarm system annunciator.
- Annunciator unit visually indicating the location of the elevators and whether they are operational.
- The fire fighter’s control panel required by Section 909.16 for smoke control systems installed in the building.
- Controls for unlocking stairway doors simultaneously.
- Sprinkler valve and water-flow detector display panels.
- Emergency and standby power status indicators.
- A telephone for Department use with controlled access to the public telephone system.
- Fire pump status indicators.
- Schematic building plans indicating the typical floor plan and detailing the building core, means of egress, fire protection systems, fire-fighting equipment and fire department access, and other building features affecting emergency response. The schematic plans shall be readily accessible, diagrammatic in nature, and fabricated of durable material or provided with a protective cover and bound in one set.
- A copy of the facility’s Fire Safety Plans and Fire Evacuation Plans that are prepared and maintained in accordance-with the Fire Code.
- Generator supervision devices, manual start and transfer features.
- Public address system, where specifically required by other sections of this code.
- Elevator fire recall switch in accordance with ASME A17.1.
- Elevator emergency or standby power selector switch(es), where emergency or standby power is provided.
- An approved Building Information Card that contains,
but is not limited to, the following information:
- General building information that includes: property name, address, the number of floors in the building (above and below grade), use and occupancy classification (for mixed uses, identify the different types of occupancies on each floor), estimated building population (i.e., day, night, weekend);
- Building emergency contact information that includes: a list of the building’s emergency contacts (e.g., building manager, building engineer, etc.) and their respective work phone number, cell phone number, and email address;
- Building construction information that includes: the type of building construction (e.g., floors, walls, columns, and roof assembly);
- Exit stair information that includes: number of exit stairs in the building, each exit stair designation and floors served, location where each exit stair discharges, exit stairs that are pressurized, exit stairs provided with emergency lighting, each exit stair that allows reentry, exit stairs providing roof access;
- Elevator information that includes: number of elevator banks, elevator bank designation, elevator car numbers and respective floors that they serve, location of elevator machine rooms, location of sky lobby, location of freight elevator banks;
- Building services and system information that includes: location of mechanical rooms, location of building management system, location and capacity of all fuel oil tanks, location of emergency generator, location of natural gas service;
- Fire protection system information that includes: locations of standpipes, location of fire pump room, location of fire department connections, floors protected by automatic sprinklers, location of different types of sprinkler systems installed (e.g., dry, wet, pre-action, etc.); and
- Hazardous material information that includes: location of hazardous material, quantity of hazardous material.
These qualifications shall not be required where demonstration of adequate skills and experience satisfactory to the fire code official is provided.