PROTECTION OF PEDESTRIANS
|HEIGHT OF |
|DISTANCE FROM CONSTRUCTION TO LOT LINE||TYPE OF PROTECTION REQUIRED|
|8 feet or less||Less than 5 feet||Construction railings|
|5 feet or more||None|
|More than 8 feet||Less than 5 feet||Barrier and covered walkway|
|5 feet or more, but not more than one-fourth the height of construction||Barrier and covered walkway|
|5 feet or more, but between one-fourth and one-half the height of construction||Barrier|
|5 feet or more, but exceeding one-half the height of construction||None|
- To modify the proposed work plan to incorporate any specific protective measures requested by the owner of the adjoining premises and amend the permit application(s) as necessary to update the work plan; or
- To request a determination by the code official whether the specific measures requested by the owner of the adjoining premises are reasonably practicable and supported by technical documentation.
- Where a wall or foundation located on a party line or on the premises requires underpinning as a result of the proposed work;
- Where the underpinning can be provided by the owner undertaking the work from said owner’s premises, even if the footing extends onto the adjoining owner’s property; and
- Where extension of the footing is required to stabilize and support the adjoining owner’s building, and to avoid unreasonable delay in excavation and development of the permitted project.