Part 1 — General Provisions
This Part shall apply to all buildings or structures, or portions thereof, constructed on or after December 31, 2005, renovated, altered or undergoing a change of occupancy.
Where the provisions of Part III conflict with the building and fire safety codes that applied at the time of construction, the provisions for the codes that applied at the time of construction shall apply.
- The hazard of fire and explosion arising from the storage, handling or use of structures, materials or devices.
- Conditions hazardous to life, property or public welfare in the occupancy of structures or premises.
- Fire hazards in the structure or on the premises from occupancy or operation.
- Matters related to the construction, extension, repair, alteration or removal of fire suppression or alarm systems.
- Conditions affecting the safety of fire fighters and emergency responders during emergency operations.