Floor furnaces shall not be installed in the floor of any aisle or passageway of any auditorium, public hall, place of assembly, or in any egress element from any such room or space.
With the exception of wall register models, a floor furnace shall not be placed closer than 6 inches (152 mm) to the nearest wall, and wall register models shall not be placed closer than 6 inches (152 mm) to a corner.
The furnace shall be placed such that a drapery or similar combustible object will not be nearer than 12 inches (305 mm) to any portion of the register of the furnace. Floor furnaces shall not be installed in concrete floor construction built on grade. The controlling thermostat for a floor furnace shall be located within the same room or space as the floor furnace or shall be located in an adjacent room or space that is permanently open to the room or space containing the floor furnace.
The following permanent notice, constructed of approved material, shall be mechanically attached to the sauna room on the outside:
WARNING: DO NOT EXCEED 30 MINUTES IN
SAUNA. EXCESSIVE EXPOSURE CAN BE HARM-
FUL TO HEALTH. ANY PERSON WITH POOR
HEALTH SHOULD CONSULT A PHYSICIAN
BEFORE USING SAUNA.
The words shall contrast with the background and the wording shall be in letters not less than 1/4-inch (6.4 mm) high.
Exception: This section shall not apply to one- and two-family dwellings.
Pool and spa heaters shall be installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. Oil-fired pool and spa heaters shall be tested in accordance with UL 1261. Pool and spa heat pump water heaters shall comply with UL 1995 or CSA C22.2 No. 236.
Exception: Portable residential spas and portable residential exercise spas shall comply with UL 1563 or CSA C22.2 No. 218.1.
Radiant panels installed on wood or steel framing shall conform to the following requirements:
- Heating panels shall be installed parallel to framing members and secured to the surface of framing members or shall be mounted between framing members.
- Mechanical fasteners shall penetrate only the unheated portions provided for this purpose. Panels shall not be fastened at any point closer than 1/4 inch (6.4 mm) to an element. Other methods of attachment of the panels shall be in accordance with the panel installation instructions.
- Unless listed and labeled for field cutting, heating panels shall be installed as complete units.
Radiant heating systems installed in concrete or masonry shall conform to the following requirements:
- Radiant heating systems shall be identified as being suitable for the installation, and shall be secured in place as specified in the manufacturer's instructions.
- Radiant heating panels and radiant heating panel sets shall not be installed where they bridge expansion joints unless they are protected from expansion and contraction.
Evaporative cooling equipment shall:
- Be installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- Be installed on level platforms in accordance with Section 304.10.
- Have openings in exterior walls or roofs flashed in accordance with the International Building Code.
- Be provided with an approved water supply, sized for peak demand. The quality of water shall be provided in accordance with the equipment manufacturer's recommendations. The piping system and protection of the potable water supply system shall be installed as required by the International Plumbing Code.
- Have air intake opening locations in accordance with Section 401.4.