With the exception of wall register models, a floor furnace shall not be placed closer than 6 inches (152 mm) to the nearest wall, and wall register models shall not be placed closer than 6 inches (152 mm) to a corner.
The furnace shall be placed such that a drapery or similar combustible object will not be nearer than 12 inches (305 mm) to any portion of the register of the furnace. Floor furnaces shall not be installed in concrete floor construction built on grade. The controlling thermostat for a floor furnace shall be located within the same room or space as the floor furnace or shall be located in an adjacent room or space that is permanently open to the room or space containing the floor furnace.
WARNING: DO NOT EXCEED 30 MINUTES IN SAUNA. EXCESSIVE EXPOSURE CAN BE HARMFUL TO HEALTH. ANY PERSON WITH POOR HEALTH SHOULD CONSULT A PHYSICIAN BEFORE USING SAUNA.
The words shall contrast with the background and the wording shall be in letters not less than 1/4-inch (6.4 mm) high.
Exception: This section shall not apply to one- and two-family dwellings.
1. Heating panels shall be installed parallel to framing members and secured to the surface of framing members or shall be mounted between framing members.
2. Mechanical fasteners shall penetrate only the unheated portions provided for this purpose. Panels shall not be fastened at any point closer than 1/4 inch (6.4 mm) to an element. Other methods of attachment of the panels shall be in accordance withthe panel installation instructions.
3. Unless listed and labeled for field cutting, heating panels shall be installed as complete units.
1. Radiant heating systems shall be identified as being suitable for the installation, and shall be secured in place as specified in the manufacturer's instructions.
2. Radiant heating panels and radiant heating panel sets shall not be installed where they bridge expansion joints unless they are protected from expansion and contraction.
1. Be installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
2. Be installed on level platforms in accordance with Section 304.10.
3. Have openings in exterior walls or roofs flashed in accordance with the International Building Code.
4. Be provided with an approved water supply, sized for peak demand. The quality of water shall be provided in accordance with the equipment manufacturer's recommendations. The piping system and protection of the potable water supply system shall be installed as required by the International Plumbing Code.
5. Have air intake opening locations in accordance with Section 401.4.