[F] GASEOUS HYDROGEN SYSTEM. An assembly of piping, devices and apparatus designed to generate, store, contain, distribute or transport a nontoxic, gaseous hydrogen containing mixture having at least 95-percent hydrogen gas by volume and not more than 1-percent oxygen by volume. Gaseous hydrogen systems consist of items such as compressed gas containers, reactors and appurtenances, including pressure regulators, pressure relief devices, manifolds, pumps, compressors and interconnecting piping and tubing and controls.
[F] HYDROGEN FUEL-GAS ROOM. A room or space that is intended exclusively to house a gaseous hydrogen system.
HYDROGEN-GENERATING APPLIANCE. A self-contained package or factory-matched packages of integrated systems for generating gaseous hydrogen. Hydrogen-generating appliances utilize electrolysis, reformation, chemical or other processes to generate hydrogen.
Exception: A locked-open shutoff valve on containers equipped with multiple pressure relief device installations where the arrangement of the valves provides the full required flow through the minimum number of required relief devices at all times.
Exception: This section shall not apply to DOTn-specified containers with an internal volume of 2 cubic feet (0.057 m3) or less.
1. At each valve.
2. At wall, floor and ceiling penetrations.
3. At each change of direction.
4. At intervals not exceeding 20 feet (6096 mm).
1. Tests requiring a pressure of 10 psig (68.95 kPa gauge) or less shall utilize a testing gauge having increments of 0.10 psi (0.6895 kPa) or less.
2. Tests requiring a pressure greater than 10 psig (68.98 kPa gauge) but less than or equal to 100 psig (689.5 kPa gauge) shall utilize a testing gauge having increments of 1 psi (6.895 kPa) or less.
3. Tests requiring a pressure greater than 100 psig (689.5 kPa gauge) shall utilize a testing gauge having increments of 2 psi (13.79 kPa) or less.
Exception: Measuring devices having an equivalent level of accuracy and resolution shall be permitted where specified by the design engineer and approved by the code official.