About this appendix: Agricultural buildings are given special consideration in Appendix C. Often such buildings have unique uses and structural needs. Where an agricultural building is surrounded by 60 feet of open area on all sides, size limits are waived. Automatic sprinkler protection may be required.
- Livestock shelters or buildings, including shade structures and milking barns.
- Poultry buildings or shelters.
- Storage of equipment and machinery used exclusively in agriculture.
- Horticultural structures, including detached production greenhouses and crop protection shelters.
- Grain silos.
|I||II||III and IV||V|
|A||B||A||B||III A and IV||III B||A||B|
|ALLOWABLE AREA (square feet)a|
|MAXIMUM HEIGHT IN STORIES|
|MAXIMUM HEIGHT IN FEET|
For SI: 1 square foot = 0.0929 m2.
- See Section C102 for unlimited area under certain conditions.