- Vn shall be calculated in accordance with Eq. (220.127.116.11), and cross-sectional dimensions shall be selected to satisfy Eq. (18.104.22.168). Acv shall be calculated using the thickness of the topping slab for noncomposite topping slab diaphragms and the combined thickness of cast-in-place and precast elements for composite topping slab diaphragms. For composite topping slab diaphragms, the value of fc' in Eq. (22.214.171.124) and (126.96.36.199) shall not exceed the lesser of fc' for the precast members and fc' for the topping slab.
- Vn shall not exceed the value calculated in accordance with the shear-friction provisions of 22.9 considering the thickness of the topping slab above joints between precast elements in noncomposite and composite topping slab diaphragms and the reinforcement crossing the joints between the precast members.
- (a) The nominal strength of grouted joints shall not exceed 80 psi. Reinforcement shall be designed to resist shear through shear-friction in accordance with 22.9. Shear-friction reinforcement shall be in addition to reinforcement designed to resist tension due to moment and axial force.
- (b) Mechanical connectors crossing joints between precast elements shall be designed to resist required shear under anticipated joint opening.
- (a) Where shear is transferred through concrete, the shear-friction provisions of 22.9 shall be satisfied.
- (b) Where shear is transferred through mechanical connectors or dowels, effects of uplift and rotation of the vertical element of the lateral-force-resisting system shall be considered.