Heads up: There are no amended sections in this chapter.
Interior Finish of Decorative Material
State Fire Marshal Scope
These requirements and methods of test apply to unframed and framed rigid construction.
Test Setup and Performance
- Test specimen shall be 12 inches wide and 24 inches long. Four specimens shall be tested, two in each direction of the material.
- The specimen shall be suspended vertically with its lower edge 2 inches above the top of a 3/8 inch diameter Bunsen Burner. The test shall be performed in a draft-free area.
- The flames from the burner shall be 4 inches long and shall be adjusted with sufficient air supply to eliminate any yellow flame tips but without any distinct inner blue cone.
- The specimen shall be exposed to the flame at each corner and at not less than one other point along the lower edge. Each exposure shall be of sufficient duration to determine if the material will ignite and continue to burn, but shall be not less than 20 seconds.
- There shall be not more than intermittent flaming appreciably beyond the area exposed to the test flame.
- Flame shall not reach the top of the specimen.
- On removing the test flame there shall be not more than one second of after flaming except there may be nonprogressive flaming of short duration in areas of accumulated char which were directly exposed to the test flame.