Part 1 — Scope and Application
Part 2 — Administration and Enforcement
- Portable heating appliances.
- Portable ventilation appliances and equipment.
- Portable cooling units.
- Steam, hot water or chilled water piping within any heating or cooling equipment or appliances regulated by this code.
- The replacement of any minor part that does not alter the approval of equipment or an appliance or make such equipment or appliance unsafe.
- Portable evaporative coolers.
- Self-contained refrigeration systems that contain 10 pounds (4.5 kg) or less of refrigerant, or that are actuated by motors of 1 horsepower (0.75 kW) or less.
- Portable fuel cell appliances that are not connected to a fixed piping system and are not interconnected to a power grid.
- Underground inspection shall be made after trenches or ditches are excavated and bedded, piping installed, and before backfill is put in place. Where excavated soil contains rocks, broken concrete, frozen chunks and other rubble that would damage or break the piping or cause corrosive action, clean backfill shall be on the job site.
- Rough-in inspection shall be made after the roof, framing, fireblocking and bracing are in place and all ducting and other components to be concealed are complete, and prior to the installation of wall or ceiling membranes.
- Final inspection shall be made upon completion of the mechanical system.