Required means of egress shall be maintained during construction and demolition, remodeling or alterations and additions to any building.
Exception: Approved temporary means of egress systems and facilities.
Standpipes shall be installed in accordance with the provisions of Section 905.
Exception: Standpipes shall be either temporary or permanent in nature, and with or without a water supply, provided that such standpipes comply with the requirements of Section 905 as to capacity, outlets and materials.
Structures under construction, alteration or demolition shall be provided with not less than one approved portable fire extinguisher in accordance with Section 906 and sized for not less than ordinary hazard as follows:
1. At each stairway on all floor levels where combustible materials have accumulated.
2. In every storage and construction shed.
3. Additional portable fire extinguishers shall be provided where special hazards exist including, but not limited to, the storage and use of flammable and combustible liquids.
Internal-combustion-powered construction equipment shall be used in accordance with all of the following conditions:
1. Equipment shall be located so that exhausts do not discharge against combustible material.
2. Exhausts shall be piped to the outside of the building.
3. Equipment shall not be refueled while in operation.
4. Fuel for equipment shall be stored in an approved area outside of the building.