// CODE SNIPPET
403.3.1.1.1.2 Zone Air Distribution Effectiveness
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The zone air distribution effectiveness (Ez) shall be determined using Table 403.3.1.1.1.2.
ZONE AIR DISTRIBUTION EFFECTIVENESSa,b,c,d
|AIR DISTRIBUTION CONFIGURATION||Ez|
|Ceiling or floor supply of cool air||1.0e|
|Ceiling or floor supply of warm air and floor return||1.0|
|Ceiling supply of warm air and ceiling return||0.8f|
|Floor supply of warm air and ceiling return||0.7|
|Makeup air drawn in on the opposite side of the room|
from the exhaust or return
|Makeup air drawn in near to the exhaust or return|
For SI: 1 foot = 304.8 mm, 1 foot per minute = 0.00506 m/s, °C = [(°F) — 32]/1.8.
- "Cool air" is air cooler than space temperature.
- "Warm air" is air warmer than space temperature.
- "Ceiling" includes any point above the breathing zone.
- "Floor" includes any point below the breathing zone.
- Zone air distribution effectiveness of 1.2 shall be permitted for systems with a floor supply of cool air and ceiling return, provided that low-velocity displacement ventilation achieves unidirectional flow and thermal stratification.
- Zone air distribution effectiveness of 1.0 shall be permitted for systems with a ceiling supply of warm air, provided that supply air temperature is less than 15°F above space temperature and provided that the 150-foot-per-minute supply air jet reaches to within 41/2 feet of floor level.
Related Code Sections
403.3.1.1.1.2 Ventilation, Zone Air Distribution Effectiveness
The zone air distribution effectiveness ( E z ) shall be determined using Table 403.3.1.1.1.2. TABLE 403.3.1.1.1.2 ZONE AIR DISTRIBUTION ...
Mechanical Code 2018 of Maryland > 4 Ventilation > 403 Mechanical Ventilation > 403.3 Outdoor Air and Local Exhaust Airflow Rates > 403.3.1 Other Buildings Intended to Be Occupied > 403.3.1.1 Outdoor Airflow Rate > 403.3.1.1.1 Zone Outdoor Airflow > 403.3.1.1.1.2 Zone Air Distribution Effectiveness
608.16.1 Water Supply and Distribution, Protection by Air Gap
FIXTURE MINIMUM AIR GAP Away from a wall a (inches) Close to a wall (inches) Lavatories and other fixtures with effective openings ...
Plumbing Code 2018 of Maryland > 6 Water Supply and Distribution > 608 Protection of Potable Water Supply > 608.16 Protection of Potable Water Outlets > 608.16.1 Protection by Air Gap
22.214.171.124.2.5* Spraying, Dipping, and Coating Using Flammable or Combustible Materials, Zone 22
of clean air and effective safeguards against ventilation failure are provided. [ 33: 126.96.36.199] ...
State of Maryland Fire Prevention Code > 43 Spraying, Dipping, and Coating Using Flammable or Combustible Materials > 43.1 Application > 43.1.4 Electrical and Other Sources of Ignition > 188.8.131.52 Electrical Area Classification > 184.108.40.206.2 Class II Locations > 220.127.116.11.2.5* Zone 22