// CODE SNIPPET
403.3.1.1.1.2 Zone Air Distribution Effectiveness
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
ZONE AIR DISTRIBUTION EFFECTIVENESSa,b,c,d
|AIR DISTRIBUTION CONFIGURATION||Ez|
|Ceiling or floor supply of cool air||1.0e|
|Ceiling or floor supply of warm air and floor return||1.0|
|Ceiling supply of warm air and ceiling return||0.8f|
|Floor supply of warm air and ceiling return||0.7|
|Makeup air drawn in on the opposite side of the room|
from the exhaust or return
|Makeup air drawn in near to the exhaust or return|
For SI: 1 foot = 304.8 mm, 1 foot per minute = 0.00506 m/s, °C = [(°F) — 32]/1.8.
- "Cool air" is air cooler than space temperature.
- "Warm air" is air warmer than space temperature.
- "Ceiling" includes any point above the breathing zone.
- "Floor" includes any point below the breathing zone.
- Zone air distribution effectiveness of 1.2 shall be permitted for systems with a floor supply of cool air and ceiling return, provided that low-velocity displacement ventilation achieves unidirectional flow and thermal stratification.
- Zone air distribution effectiveness of 1.0 shall be permitted for systems with a ceiling supply of warm air, provided that supply air temperature is less than 15°F above space temperature and provided that the 150-foot-per-minute supply air jet reaches to within 41/2 feet of floor level.
Related Code Sections
403.3.1.1.1.2 Ventilation, Zone Air Distribution Effectiveness
The zone air distribution effectiveness ( E z ) shall be determined using Table 403.3.1.1.1.2. TABLE 403.3.1.1.1.2 ZONE AIR DISTRIBUTION ...
Mechanical Code 2018 of Maryland > 4 Ventilation > 403 Mechanical Ventilation > 403.3 Outdoor Air and Local Exhaust Airflow Rates > 403.3.1 Other Buildings Intended to Be Occupied > 403.3.1.1 Outdoor Airflow Rate > 403.3.1.1.1 Zone Outdoor Airflow > 403.3.1.1.1.2 Zone Air Distribution Effectiveness
608.16.1 Water Supply and Distribution, Protection by Air Gap
FIXTURE MINIMUM AIR GAP Away from a wall a (inches) Close to a wall (inches) Lavatories and other fixtures with effective openings ...
Plumbing Code 2018 of Maryland > 6 Water Supply and Distribution > 608 Protection of Potable Water Supply > 608.16 Protection of Potable Water Outlets > 608.16.1 Protection by Air Gap
11.2.3 Walls, Load Distribution
Unless otherwise demonstrated by an analysis, the horizontal length of wall considered as effective for resisting each concentrated load shall ...
Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete of Maryland > 11 Walls > 11.2 General > 11.2.3 Load Distribution