- Light fixtures;
- Plumbing fixtures;
- Doors and trim;
- Masonry (reused masonry may only be used for flatwork);
- Electrical devices;
- Foundations or portions of foundations.
See LAMC Subdivision 99.04.106.4.2 for additional requirements related to EVCS for multifamily dwellings and "R" occupancies other than one- and two-family dwellings.
Buildings complying with this elective designation shall have on-site renewable energy generation sufficient to achieve an Energy Design Rating of zero (0) as calculated by Title 24, Part 6 Compliance Software approved by the Energy Commission, and:
- Single-family buildings in Climate Zones 6 and 7, and low-rise multifamily buildings in Climate Zone 3, 5, 6, and 7 shall comply with Section A184.108.40.206.1 (Tier 1); and
- Single-family buildings in Climate Zones 1 through 5 and 8 through 16 and low-rise multi-family buildings in Climate Zones 1, 2, 4, and 8 through 16 shall comply with Section A220.127.116.11.2 (Tier 2).
Note: For Energy Budget calculations, high-rise residential and hotel/motel buildings are considered nonresidential buildings.
Authority: Public Resources Code Sections 25218, subd. (e), 25402, 25402.1, 25402.4, 25402.5, 25402.5.4, 25402.8, 25910 and 25943, and Health and Safety Code Sections 18930.5 and 18941.5.
Reference: Public Resources Code Sections 25402, subd. (a)-(c), 25402.1, 25402.4, 25402.5, 25402.5.4, 25402.8, 25910 and 25943, and Health and Safety Code Sections 18930.5 and 18941.5.
- Composite floor joist or premanufactured floor framing system;
- Composite roof rafters or premanufactured roof framing system;
- Panelized (SIPS, ICF or similar) wall framing system;
- Other methods approved by the Department.
- Bamboo or cork;
- Engineered products;
- Agricultural based products;
- Other products acceptable to the enforcing Department.