JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The /WWA, West Washington Avenue Overlay District shall apply to the area bounded by Broad Street, Carpenter Street, 19th Street, Kimball Street, 23rd Street, Carpenter Street, 24th Street, Kimball Street, 25th Street, Ellsworth Street, 24th Street, Alter Street, 19th Street, Ellsworth Street, 18th Street, Alter Street, 17th Street, Ellsworth Street, 16th Street, Alter Street, 15th Street, and Ellsworth Street.
- Use Regulations.
The following uses are prohibited in addition to those prohibited by the base zoning district within the /WWA Overlay District:
- Detention and Correctional Facilities;
- Re-Entry Facility;
- Adult-Oriented Service;
- Personal Credit Establishment;
- Non-Accessory Parking;
- All uses in the Vehicle and Vehicular Equipment Sales and Services Use Category (see § 14-601(8));
- Moving and Storage Facilities;
- Junk and Salvage Yards and Buildings; and
- Trucking and Transportation Terminal.
- Additional Standards for Lots Zoned CMX-3.
The provisions of this § 14-518(3) apply to lots zoned CMX-3 within the /WWA overlay district, provided these provisions shall expire on December 31, 2021.
Notwithstanding the provisions of § 14-502(5) (Supplemental Use Controls), § 14-518(2) (Use Regulations), and any other provision of this Zoning Code, the following additional use provisions shall apply:
- Eating and drinking establishments shall be a permitted use.
- Non-accessory structured and accessory parking shall be permitted uses for lots with at least 20,000 sq. ft. of the ground floor area occupied by at least one office, retail sales, commercial services, or public, civic, or institutional use, provided that the use as an accessory surface parking shall expire on December 31, 2019.
- Maximum Occupied Area.
The maximum occupied area as a percentage of the lot shall be 90% for lots with at least 20,000 sq. ft. of the ground floor area occupied by office, retail sales, commercial services, or public, civic, or institutional uses.
- Parking and Loading.
- Notwithstanding any other requirements of this Zoning Code, the requirements of § 14-502(6)(d) (Parking Garage Ground Floor Use Controls) shall only apply to portions of a parking garage with frontage along Broad Street or Washington Avenue.
- The ground floor facade of a parking garage, except for facades abutting the sidewalk along Broad Street or Washington Avenue, shall be exempt from the requirements of § 14-803(4)(b)(3)(a).
- Drive-throughs shall be prohibited.
- A maximum of one required off-street loading space shall be exempt from the height requirement of § 14-806(3)(c), provided that such space shall have an unobstructed height of at least 12 ft.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of § 14-803(4)(b)(1) and any other provision of this Zoning Code, along any street frontage, a parking garage shall have no more than two curb cuts for both ingress and egress, the maximum aggregate width of which shall not exceed 48 ft., provided that the curb cuts shall not occupy more than 50% of the street frontage.
Related Code Sections
Boundaries. The /WWA, West Washington Avenue Overlay District shall apply to the area bounded by Broad Street, Carpenter Street, 19th Street ...
Applicability. The requirements of this Germantown Avenue /NCA overlay district apply to all commercially-zoned properties (except for properties ...
Purpose. The special land use and zoning controls of the /CAO, City Avenue Overlay district address the following specific purposes:
Applicability. Applicable properties in the Frankford Academy Overlay District shall consist of all lots zoned CA-2 and located in the areas ...
Purpose. The /ENV, Environmental Preservation Overlay District is intended to preserve certain natural and scenic areas of the City ...
Calculate Code Requirements
Code Calculators automatically generate a detailed list of requirements.
Upgrade to premium to access these features.
UpCodes provides an intuitive resource to navigate building regulations.
Codes are organized by jurisdiction to help you understand which regulations apply to your project.
Find Your Codes