555.34 Wiring Methods and Installation
Conductors and cables shall be routed to avoid wiring closer than 6.0 m (20 ft) from the outer edge or any portion of the yard that can be used for moving vessels or stepping or unstepping masts.
- Cables shall be properly supported.
- Cables shall be located on the underside of the pier.
- Cables shall be securely fastened by nonmetallic clips to structural members other than the deck planking.
- Cables shall not be installed where subject to physical damage.
- Where cables pass through structural members, they shall be protected against chafing by a permanently installed oversized sleeve of nonmetallic material.
(b) Where portable power cables are used as permitted in 555.34(A)(2)(2), there shall be a junction box of corrosion-resistant construction with permanently installed terminal blocks on each pier section to which the feeders and feeder extensions are to be connected. A listed marina power outlet employing terminal blocks/bars shall be permitted in lieu of a junction box. Metal junction boxes and covers, and metal screws and parts that are exposed externally to the boxes, shall be of corrosion-resistant materials or protected by material resistant to corrosion.