// CODE SNIPPET
E3801.4 Wiring Method Applications
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Wiring methods shall be applied in accordance with Table E3801.4. (Chapter 3 and 300.2)
For SI: 1 foot = 304.8 mm.
(application allowed where marked with an "A")
|Inside a building||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||-|
|Wet locations exposed to sunlight||-||A||Ah||-||A||A||A||-||-||A||Ac||Ac|
|Embedded in noncinder concrete in dry location||-||A||A||-||A||Aj||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|In noncinder concrete in contact with grade||-||Af||A||-||Af||Aj||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Embedded in plaster not exposed to dampness||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||-||-||A||A||-|
|Embedded in masonry||-||A||A||-||Af||A||A||-||-||-||-||-|
|In masonry voids and cells exposed to dampness or below grade line||-||Af||A||Ad||Af||A||A||-||-||A||A||-|
|Fished in masonry voids||A||-||-||A||-||A||A||A||-||A||A||-|
|In masonry voids and cells not exposed to dampness||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||-||A||A||-|
|Run exposed and subject to physical damage||-||-||-||-||Ag||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|For direct burial||-||Af||-||-||Af||A||Af||-||-||-||A||A|
- Liquid-tight flexible nonmetallic conduit without integral reinforcement within the conduit wall shall not exceed 6 feet in length.
- Type USE cable shall not be used inside buildings.
- The grounded conductor shall be insulated.
- Conductors shall be a type approved for wet locations and the installation shall prevent water from entering other raceways.
- Shall be listed as "sunlight resistant."
- Metal raceways shall be protected from corrosion and approved for the application. Aluminum RMC requires approved supplementary corrosion protection.
- RNC shall be Schedule 80.
- Shall be listed as "sunlight resistant" where exposed to the direct rays of the sun.
- Conduit shall not exceed 6 feet in length.
- Liquid-tight flexible nonmetallic conduit may be encased in concrete where listed for direct burial and only straight connectors listed for use with LFNC are used.
- In wet locations under any of the following conditions
- The metallic covering is impervious to moisture.
- A lead sheath or moisture -impervious jacket is provided under the metal covering.
- The insulated conductors under the metallic covering are listed for use in wet locations and a corrosion-resis tant jackets is provided over the metallic sheath.
- Type USE cable not permitted above ground except to terminate at the exterior of a building in an approved enclosure and protected in accordance with Section E3803.3.
Related Code Sections
E3801.4 Wiring Methods, Wiring Method Applications
Wiring methods shall be applied in accordance with Table E3801.4. (Chapter 3 and 300.2) TABLE E3801.4 ALLOWABLE APPLICATIONS FOR WIRING ...
2015 Michigan Residential Code > 38 Wiring Methods > E3801 General Requirements > E3801.4 Wiring Method Applications
E3605.2 Services, Wiring Methods for Services
Service-entrance wiring methods shall be installed in accordance with the applicable requirements in Chapter 38. (230.43) ...
2015 Michigan Residential Code > 36 Services > E3605 Service-Entrance Conductors > E3605.2 Wiring Methods for Services
AJ501.5.1 Existing Building and Structures, Materials and Methods
Newly installed electrical equipment and wiring relating to work done in any work area shall comply with the materials and methods requirements ...
2015 Michigan Residential Code > J Existing Building and Structures > AJ501 Alterations > AJ501.5 Electrical Equipment and Wiring > AJ501.5.1 Materials and Methods
E4202.1 Swimming Pools, General
METHODS a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, k WIRING LOCATION OR PURPOSE (Application allowed where marked with an "A") AC, FMC, NM,SR, SE ...
2015 Michigan Residential Code > 42 Swimming Pools > E4202 Wiring Methods for Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs and Hydromassage Bathtubs > E4202.1 General
E3802.1 Wiring Methods, Installation and Support Requirements
(Requirement applicable only to wiring methods marked "A") AC MC EMT IMC RMC ENT FMC LFC NM UF PVC SE SR ...
2015 Michigan Residential Code > 38 Wiring Methods > E3802 Above-Ground Installation Requirements > E3802.1 Installation and Support Requirements