// CODE SNIPPET
E3801.4 Wiring Method Applications
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Wiring methods shall be applied in accordance with Table E3801.4. (Chapter 3 and 300.2)
ALLOWABLE APPLICATIONS FOR WIRING METHODSa, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k
(application allowed where marked with an "A")
|Inside a building||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||—|
|Wet locations exposed to sunlight||—||A||Ah||—||A||A||A||—||—||A||Ae||Ae|
|Embedded in noncinder concrete in dry location||—||A||A||—||A||Aj||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|In noncinder concrete in contact with grade||—||Af||A||—||Af||Aj||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|Embedded in plaster not exposed to dampness||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||—||—||A||A||—|
|Embedded in masonry||—||A||A||—||Af||A||A||—||—||—||—||—|
|In masonry voids and cells exposed to |
dampness or below grade line
|Fished in masonry voids||A||—||—||A||—||A||A||A||—||A||A||—|
|In masonry voids and cells not exposed to |
|Run exposed and subject to physical damage||—||—||—||—||Ag||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|For direct burial||—||Af||—||—||Af||A||Af||—||—||—||A||A|
For SI: 1 foot = 304.8 mm.
- Liquid-tight flexible nonmetallic conduit without integral reinforcement within the conduit wall shall not exceed 6 feet in length.
- Type USE cable shall not be used inside buildings.
- The grounded conductor shall be insulated.
- Conductors shall be a type approved for wet locations and the installation shall prevent water from entering other raceways.
- Shall be listed as "Sunlight Resistant."
- Metal raceways shall be protected from corrosion and approved for the application. Aluminum RMC requires approved supplementary corrosion protection.
- RNC shall be Schedule 80. RTRC shall be RTRC-XW
- Shall be listed as "Sunlight Resistant" where exposed to the direct rays of the sun.
- Conduit shall not exceed 6 feet in length.
- Liquid-tight flexible nonmetallic conduit is permitted to be encased in concrete where listed for direct burial and only straight connectors listed for use with LFNC are used.
- The metallic covering is impervious to moisture.
- A lead sheath or moisture-impervious jacket is provided under the metal covering.
- The insulated conductors under the metallic covering are listed for use in wet locations and a corrosion-resistant jacket is provided over the metallic sheath.
Related Code Sections
E3801.4 Wiring Methods, Wiring Method Applications
APPLICATIONS FOR WIRING METHODS a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k ALLOWABLE APPLICATIONS (application allowed where marked with an "A") AC EMT ...
Residential Code 2018 of Kansas > 38 Wiring Methods > E3801 General Requirements > E3801.4 Wiring Method Applications
517.12 Special Occupancies, Wiring Methods
Except as modified in this article, wiring methods shall comply with the applicable provisions of Chapters 1 through 4 of this Code ...
National Electrical Code 2017 of Kansas > 5 Special Occupancies > 517 Health Care Facilities > 517.12 Wiring Methods
604.9 Building Services and Systems, Temporary Wiring
Temporary wiring for electrical power and lighting installations is allowed for a period not to exceed 90 days. Temporary wiring methods shall meet ...
Fire Code 2018 of Kansas > 6 Building Services and Systems > 604 Electrical Equipment, Wiring and Hazards > 604.9 Temporary Wiring
E3605.2 Services, Wiring Methods for Services
Service-entrance wiring methods shall be installed in accordance with the applicable requirements in Chapter 38. (230.43) ...
Residential Code 2018 of Kansas > 36 Services > E3605 Service-Entrance Conductors > E3605.2 Wiring Methods for Services
(I) Communications Systems, Alternate Wiring Methods
wiring methods will facilitate the upgrading of Article 820 installations to network-powered broadband applications ...
National Electrical Code 2017 of Kansas > 8 Communications Systems > 820 Community Antenna Television and Radio Distribution Systems > 820.3 Other Articles > (I) Alternate Wiring Methods