Doorways which provide access to common use areas or covered multifamily dwellings shall comply with the following:
- Permit the installation of a door or gate not less than 36 inches (914 mm) in width, not less than 80 inches (2032 mm) in height, and provide a clear opening of not less than 32 inches (813 mm), measured with the door positioned at an angle of 90 degrees from its closed position.
- Doors or gates shall be capable of opening at least 90 degrees.
- A pair of doors or gates, manual or automatic, shall have at least one leaf which provides a clear width of not less than 32 inches (813 mm), measured with the door or gate positioned at an angle of 90 degrees from its closed position.
- The width of any component in the egress system shall not be less than the minimum width required by Section 1005.
- Revolving doors or gates shall not be used as required entrances for persons with disabilities, and shall not be part of an accessible route.