Where the waterproof integrity of an adjoining wall or building has been impaired due to construction or demolition operations, the person causing the construction or demolition operations shall, at his or her own expense, provide all necessary measures to permanently waterproof the adjoining wall or building in order to establish or restore the weatherproof integrity of such adjoining wall or building. This shall include, but is not limited to:
- Bending over and flashing all roofing material of adjoining buildings;
- Sealing and permanently waterproofing all doors or other openings in party walls;
- Properly sealing all cornices, where cut;
- Pointing up and making waterproof any walls and parapets and any walls that have been disturbed;
- Removing all exposed furring, lath, and plaster on party walls; and
- Removing, replacing, and firmly anchoring any loose wall material.