- The clear width shall be permitted to be reduced to 32 inches (813 mm) minimum for a length of 24 inches (610 mm) maximum provided that reduced width segments are separated by segments that are 48 inches (1219 mm) long minimum and 36 inches (914 mm) wide minimum.
- The clear width for walking surfaces in corridors serving an occupant load of 10 or more shall be 44 inches (1118 mm) minimum.
- The clear width for sidewalks and walks shall be 48 inches (1219 mm) minimum. When, because of right-of-way restrictions, natural barriers or other existing conditions, the enforcing agency determines that compliance with the 48-inch (1219 mm) clear sidewalk width would create an unreasonable hardship, the clear width may be reduced to 36 inches (914 mm).
- The clear width for aisles shall be 36 inches (914 mm) minimum if serving elements on only one side, and 44 inches (1118 mm) minimum if serving elements on both sides.
- The clear width for accessible routes to accessible toilet compartments shall be 44 inches (1118 mm) except for door-opening widths and door swings.
Where the accessible route makes a 180 degree turn around an element which is less than 48 inches (1219 mm) wide, clear width shall be 42 inches (1067 mm) minimum approaching the turn, 48 inches (1219 mm) minimum at the turn and 42 inches (1067 mm) minimum leaving the turn.