The commissioner may waive the requirement of section 28-313.3 that all portable ramps used by prior code buildings must comply with Section 405 (Ramps) of ICC A117.1, provided, however, that such waiver would not significantly adversely affect safety and that equally safe and proper alternatives are prescribed and, further, that such waiver is based upon a specific finding by the commissioner that strict compliance with the requirement:
- Would create an undue economic burden;
- Would not achieve its intended objective;
- Would be physically or legally impossible;
- Would be unnecessary in light of alternatives which ensure the achievement of the intended objective or which, without a loss in the level of safety, achieve the intended objective more efficiently, effectively or economically; or
- Would entail a change so slight as to produce a negligible additional benefit.